Mentor Graphics FloVENT 10
FloVENT® is powerful computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software that predicts 3D airflow, heat transfer, contamination distribution and comfort indices in and around buildings of all types and sizes. FloVENT’s fast and easy-to-use menu system is designed specifically for engineers involved in the design and optimization of heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
Create Intelligent Models
FloVENT features the most complete and technically advanced model creation environment for HVAC airflow modeling design:
– Models that range in scale from diffusers, heat exchangers, grilles, CRAC units and enclosures are assembled quickly from a complete set of SmartParts (intelligent model creation macros).
– SmartParts capture modeling expertise streamlines model creation, minimizes solve times and maximizes solution accuracy.
Robust Structured Cartesian Mesher Minimizes Solution Time
FloVENT uses a structured-Cartesian grid method – the most stable and numerically efficient type available. The ability to localize is also included for finer resolution where it is needed, minimizing solution time and avoiding the penalty of grid cells that “bleed.”
For over 25 years, the FloVENT solver has specifically addressed heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) applications:
– The solver, based on a Cartesian gridding system, delivers the most accurate results possible and the fastest solution time per grid cell.
– Massive disparity in geometric length scales are resolved using the unique ‘localized-grid’ technique which allows for integrally matched, nested, non-conformal grid interfaces between different parts of the solution domain.
– The conjugate nature of heat transfer is concurrently solved using a preconditioned conjugate residual solver together with a flexible cycle multi-grid solution technique. Pragmatic, unique and accurate solution termination criteria produce useful results in engineering, not academic, time scales.
Powerful Visualization Tools
Fully rendered models, 3D flow animation and tools for dynamic manipulation of temperature and flow results, enable engineers to pinpoint thermal and ventilation issues and visualize design improvements quickly and effectively. Texture mapping and video output enables powerful communication of design concepts with non-technical colleagues and customers.
Mentor Graphics FloVENT 10
Supported Operating Systems
– Windows XP Professional (x86 or x64)
– Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 (x86 or x64)
– Windows Server 2012 (x86 or x64)
– Windows Vista (x86 or x64)
– Windows 7 (x86 or x64)
– Windows 8 (x86 or x64)
– 64-bit: 64-bit capable AMD processor or an Intel processor with EM64T
– 32-bit: X86-compatible Intel or AMD processor, minimum 1 GHz Pentium III
– 1 GB system memory (RAM) minimum, 8 GB recommended
– Graphics card supporting hardware accelerated OpenGL